Plan a Visit to a Jazz Music Museum in Queens
If you love jazz music, you must pay a visit to the Louis Armstrong House Museum the next time you’re in Astoria, Queens. This National Historic Landmark is also a NYC landmark and a member of the Association of African American Museums.
By the time jazz great Louis Armstrong died in 1971, he was world-recognized as the father of jazz and his influence both as a cultural icon and an artist remains unmatched and alive.
What You Will Find at Louis Armstrong House
A visit to Louis Armstrong House means the chance to check out a variety of collections, manuscripts, recordings, artifacts, photos and more. Collections include:
- The Louis Armstrong collection of personal recordings, tapes, photos and more
- The Satchmo Collection and related materials donated by fans, collectors and friends
- The Jack Bradley Collection of the jazz great’s private memorabilia
- The Phoebe Jacobs Collection of personal papers and correspondence
- The Louis Armstrong House Collection of appliances, furniture and more from Louis’ house
Hours of Operation
Tuesday – Friday: 10AM – 5PM
Saturday and Sunday: 12PM – 5PM
Admission is $10 for adults and $7 for seniors, students and children. Children under 4 may enter for free. Admission prices include a guided tour and access to the garden and exhibit area.
Don’t forget to book your stay with us at the Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport by Marriott and enjoy being close to a range of exciting and interesting attractions. After a day at the museum you can look forward to comfortable accommodations and top class service. We offer round trip shuttle service to the museum for $6.00.
- It’s In Queens!
- Citi Field/NY Mets
- LaGuardia Airport
- Queens Botanical Gardens
- Queens Zoo
- US Open
- Best Queens Attractions
- Louis Armstrong House Museum
- Queens Center Mall
- Corona Park
- Bulova Corporate Center
- NY Police & Fire - Widows & Children’s Benefit Fund
- Area Wedding Reservations
- Resort World Casino
- Winter Activities in NY
- Queens Marathon
- Queens World Film Festival
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Queens Food Festival